Tuesday's D3 Daily Action
WE ARE POSTING THIS ACTION AGAIN BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THAT WE CAN ACTUALLY WIN!
Please Call Today - This Could be D3's First Victory
Republican leaders have been delaying the vote because they don’t yet have the votes to pass the measure. And Senator Cory Gardner could be THE swing vote that prevents this bill from passing. He is currently still taking commentary on this issue.
For our own health, and to ensure a healthy future for our children, we must hold the Senate accountable. Coloradoans didn’t vote for dirty, dangerous air.
This issue is particularly relevant given that SW Colorado is home to the highest concentration of methane pollution in the United States.
- I am calling to urge Senator Gardner to vote against overturning BLM’s methane waste prevention standards.
- Without strong BLM standards, contaminated air will hurt our families’ health.
- SW Colorado is already home to the highest concentration of methane pollution in the United States.
- Even if the state of Colorado has higher standards protecting its citizens from methane pollution, we need federal regulations to protect us from states to our west.
- By preventing these leaks, the saved gas can be used to to supply up to 740,000 households per year.
- I urge Senator Gardner to oppose this blatant attempt to give the oil and gas industry a free pass to throw away our money at the expense of our health.